National Science Week may be over for 2017, but preparations are already underway for 2018!
National Science Week is Australia’s major national celebration of science and will run from August 11-19 2018. To make National Science Week as exciting and innovative as possible, the Australian Government is offering several grants to kick-start science-related events.
The Australian Government is offering grants ranging from $2000 to $20,000, available to individuals and organisations who will conduct a science-based activity during or around National Science Week. The activity must satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
- draw the nation’s attention towards the sciences
- spark broad interest and engagement in the sciences
- provide an opportunity for all Australians to participate in science events and activities
- foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry
- trial new and innovative science communication activities
- involve attendance or participation by the general public
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure.
The open funding round for the National Science Week Grants are now open and close on 12 October, 2017. For full details and to apply, visit the website.
For some inspiration, you can read about the South Australian winners of the 2017 National Science Week Grants and for tips and tricks in applying, head to the National Science Week website.