May 16, 2020
National Youth Science Forum Applications OPEN
The NYSF Year 12 Program is a residential program designed to give students a broader understanding of the diverse study and career options available in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and to encourage continued studies in these fields.
In 2021, there will be 600 places available across three sessions. While at the program students will:
- live on campus at one of our host universities;
- tour science and technology labs and sites to experience facilities and learn about research being conducted;
- engage with industry partners and research providers;
- learn about university and STEM career pathways;
- mix with other like-minded students from all over Australia; and
- network with former NYSF participants to further increase understanding of STEM related study and career experiences.
Year 11 students applying for NYSF 2021 Year 12 Program are required to submit an application through the NYSF website. Rotary Clubs are also happy to help support students with their applications. Read more at www.nysf.edu.au.
Dates and locations
In 2021, three sessions of the NYSF Year 12 Program will run with approximately 200 spaces available at each.
Dates for the three sessions are:
- Session A – Canberra, The Australian National University, Mon 4 – Wed 13 January 2021
- Session B – Brisbane, The University of Queensland, Mon 11 – Wed 20 January 2021
- Session C – Canberra, The Australian National University, Mon 18 – Wed 27 January 2021
NYSF 2020 students said:
“The NYSF Year 12 Program is an upbeat and engaging program that encourages you to explore yourself, your interests and your passions in a safe and comfortable environment where you are surrounded by the most amazing and likeminded people.” – Emily, NSYF 2020 Participant
“An incredibly rewarding experience which positively alters your perspective on not only the academic world but also teaches you to become more comfortable to explore new interests without fear.” – Kimia, NYSF 2020 participant
“Going to NYSF was the best decision I ever made. I made friends from all over Australia, went on fascinating lab visits and lectures, and networked with industry experts and academics I never thought I’d meet has had a huge impact on my life and helped me to decide on my future after school.” – Kayleigh, NYSF 2020 Participant
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 14 JUNE 2020