Our region: Yorke and Mid-North
The Yorke and Mid-North Regional Science Hub was established in 2015, and encompasses 11 local government regions: Barunga West, Clare and Gilbert Valleys, Copper Coast, Goyder, Mount Remarkable, Northern Areas, Orroroo Carrieton, Peterborough, Port Pirie, Wakefield and Yorke Peninsula.
The major towns for the region include Port Pirie, Kadina, Moonta, Clare and Wallaroo, with an approximate total population of 75000 people throughout.
Apart from having the largest installed renewable energy source of wind farms in South Australia, the Yorke and Mid North region’s largest Industries are:
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing
- Healthcare and social assistance
- Retail Trade
- Education and training
Key areas for scientific development include:
- Transformation for Regional Prosperity and Community Growth
- Agriculture Practices and Food Production
- Environment and Natural Resources
Want more information?
To learn more, please make contact with Sheryn Pitman:
Phone: (08) 8207 7382