South Australian Regional Science-Arts Collaboration Grants
Guidelines for Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest due 3 August 2018
Inspiring South Australia is pleased to announced the 2018 South Australian Regional Science-Arts Collaboration Grants program.
Expressions of Interest are sought from eligible applicants for special funding of up to $10,000 for the development and production of a science communication project that links at least two groups or organisations, including at least one identifying as ‘science’ and one as ‘arts’.
The aim is to tell a locally relevant science-related story to the wider community. This may take the form of a performance or series of performances, an exhibition, a showing, a screening or an installation. It must be developed during 2018/19 and performed during 2018 and/or early 2019.
Expressions of Interest must be made by an organisation willing to lead the Regional Science-Arts Collaboration Project. This organisation must be active in the region for which it is proposing to take lead responsibility
This program is not about ‘business as usual’. We are looking for new ideas and collaborations. Some simple guidelines include:
- The project should be developed during 2018/19 and performed during 2018 and/or early 2019
- The project must involve at least two groups or organisations working together to tell a locally relevant science-related story through at least one art-form
- The audience for the project should be broad and community-based
- All branding and promotion should include Inspiring South Australia
- A short report will be required once the project has concluded
- The performance, exhibition, showing, screening or installation can be ticketed at prices agreed with the Inspiring SA Programme Manager and in line with the agreed budget
- Science-based groups may include public or private research organisations (e.g. industry, university, government), science centres (e.g. research centres, NRM science) and education (e.g. university, school)
- Arts-based groups may include art schools or galleries, theatre/dance/music/literature groups, cultural centres, film and photography groups
Expressions of Interest should be agreed to by all nominated collaborating groups and organisations. Expressions of Interest may be submitted up to and including Friday 3 August 2018.
Your nominated contact person will be contacted by Inspiring South Australia to discuss your project and to advise on applicability for nominating for a 2018 Regional Science-Arts Collaboration Grant. An application form may be offered at this time.
Applications for 2018 Regional Science-Arts Collaboration Grants will close Friday 3 August 2018.
For more information on the 2018 South Australian Regional Science-Arts Collaboration Grants program, download the Grants Guidelines